Use python to test Java and Windows (dll) applciations

jb

Hello everybody:

I need help, and please let me know if python is the language of choice
to implement following functionalities:

I am trying to test a Java application and a C++ (win32) application.

I want to be able to write python code to mimic user interaction with
the application. Interaction could be mouse or keyboard
movement/events using which I want to be able to select Menus and
execute them. Please let me know if this is feasible using Python, if
yes, please refer me to a good resource.

Please help.
-jay

Cameron Laird

Hello everybody:

I need help, and please let me know if python is the language of choice
to implement following functionalities:

I am trying to test a Java application and a C++ (win32) application.

I want to be able to write python code to mimic user interaction with
the application. Interaction could be mouse or keyboard
movement/events using which I want to be able to select Menus and
execute them. Please let me know if this is feasible using Python, if
yes, please refer me to a good resource.
.
.
.
Yes and no.

To think of Python in this context is a healthy instinct.

The whole category of "mimic user interaction" is deeply
problematic, though. The simple-minded Python-oriented answer
to give is, "use Pamie or Watsup". You might do best, though,
to start by reading <URL: http://wiki.tcl.tk/8813 >.

To pursue this further, we'd need to explore what exactly
"Java" and "C++" mean in your situation.

jb

Thanks Cameron, Watsup looks compelling to me and its going to keep me
busy for a while.

Thanks for your help.

-jb