use strings for xticklabels

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Rose, Feb 16, 2008.

  1. Rose

    Rose Guest

    my string containing a number of alphabets is loaded by:

    ss= fscanf(ssfid,'%s',[1 inf]);

    the xy coordinates are read by:

    xy = fscanf(fid,'%d %g ',[2 inf]);

    when I try to plot by:

    plot ( xy(1,:), xy(2,:) );
    set(gca, 'XTick',ss, 'XTickLabel',ss );

    all the data clump together but

    for ii = 1:size(xy(1,:))
    text(xy(1,ii)+0.2,xy(2,ii),ss);
    end

    does not have the problem. How to solve that? I want to put the ss alphabets
    as X tick labels.
    Rose, Feb 16, 2008

  2. Rose

    Rose Guest