Use validationSummary to display error message in user control

Guest

Hi,
I have several user controls like email, phone,ssn etc. each has it's own
validation message in its user control already.
When I bring all those user controls in an aspx page, I would like to
display a summary error messages using validation summary in an aspx page,
how to do that?
Thank you.

Guest

I am sorry, I didn't make that clear enough. What I mean to ask is if in a
user control, I just used "*" as a default error message,which just to mark
the field need to be corrected, but in a summary error message, I would like
to give more detailed error message, is it dorable?

Guest

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...ntrolsbasevalidatorclasserrormessagetopic.asp

A quote from the above link:

"Use the ErrorMessage property to specify the text to display in the
validation control when validation fails. This text is also included in the
ValidationSummary control, if one is placed on the Web page.

It is possible to display different text for the validation control and the
ValidationSummary control. Use the Text property to specify the text to
display in the validation control.

Note If the Text property is set, that text will override the text
specified in the ErrorMessage property and appear in the validation control.
However, the text specified by the ErrorMessage property always appears in
the ValidationSummary control."