Use Web Service without WebMethod call

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by j_ruez, Oct 5, 2005.

  1. j_ruez

    j_ruez Guest

    I have a Web Service named - myservice.asmx

    In it I have WebMethod called MyMethod.

    Is there some way that a user of my service can invoke this WebMethod
    by just calling my web service like this:

    http://mylocation/myservice.asmx

    without having to do this

    http://mylocation/myservice.asmx/MyMethod

    How would I direct them to this method. I read the following on msdn -
    "only WebMethod methods can be remotely accessible as XML Web
    services." From this, I understand that their must be a WebMethod, but
    if there is only one, can I make it automatically used when a call is
    made to the web service. Or can I set a default method to be used?

    thanks,

    --jarrod
    j_ruez, Oct 5, 2005