Use XML to store configurations and convert to different file formats

Matt

I want to use XML to store a document's configurations. And I can convert
to different file format by using XSL. For example, convert to HTML,
PDF, or RTF. But the contents are all stored in single XML file.

Are they any documentation management tools/web site that help people do that?

please help. thanks!!

Martin Honnen

Matt said:
I want to use XML to store a document's configurations. And I can convert
to different file format by using XSL. For example, convert to HTML,
PDF, or RTF. But the contents are all stored in single XML file.

Are they any documentation management tools/web site that help people do that?

You can use XSLT to convert XML to HTML and to XSL-FO which can then be
converted to PDF.
The XSLT 1.0 documentation is at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt
you can find XSLT processors at
http://saxon.sourceforge.net/
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/index.html
http://xml.apache.org/xalan-c/index.html
and several other places.
A free FO formatter is available from
http://xml.apache.org/fop/index.html

If you use an existing document type for your configuration data there
might well be existing solutions/stylesheets to transform to HTML and/or
PDF but I don't know a DTD for that, try a search engine.