User Administration in ASP.NET 2.0

me

Im currently writing a website which utilizes the built in user
management and membership of ASP.NET 2.0.

My users login via the included login control and everything works
nicely. The problem I have is that I need to include a custom admin
console for the eventual owners of the website, just for simple tasks
like changing user details, adding users, deleting users etc.

I know that this can be done via the admin console when in Visual
Studio, but is there a way to do it via a custom console without
manually writing everything? I don't really want to mess up the
tables/data in the aspnet tables.

Thanks in advance for any help on the subject.

Riki

Im currently writing a website which utilizes the built in user
management and membership of ASP.NET 2.0.

My users login via the included login control and everything works
nicely. The problem I have is that I need to include a custom admin
console for the eventual owners of the website, just for simple tasks
like changing user details, adding users, deleting users etc.

I know that this can be done via the admin console when in Visual
Studio, but is there a way to do it via a custom console without
manually writing everything? I don't really want to mess up the
tables/data in the aspnet tables.

Thanks in advance for any help on the subject.

Using the Membership and Roles namespaces, you can write a page that enables
you to add users, delete users, reset passwords and add users to roles.

It's a little bit of work, but not too complex.

David R. Longnecker

Scott Guthrie's blogged a while ago and has kept up a good list of resources
regarding managing memberships information.

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...entication_2C00_-and-Security-Resources-.aspx

Thankfully, most of the logic for managing create, update, delete, and group
memberships are built into the Membership objects and protects you from messing
up the tables and raw data. Spend a bit of time exploring http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f1kyba5e.aspx
for the properties and methods available to you.

HTH.

-dl