    tables/data in the aspnet tables.

    Thanks in advance for any help on the subject.
    , Jul 7, 2007

  2. Riki Guest

    wrote:
    > Im currently writing a website which utilizes the built in user
    > management and membership of ASP.NET 2.0.
    >
    > My users login via the included login control and everything works
    > nicely. The problem I have is that I need to include a custom admin
    > console for the eventual owners of the website, just for simple tasks
    > like changing user details, adding users, deleting users etc.
    >
    > I know that this can be done via the admin console when in Visual
    > Studio, but is there a way to do it via a custom console without
    > manually writing everything? I don't really want to mess up the
    > tables/data in the aspnet tables.
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help on the subject.

    Using the Membership and Roles namespaces, you can write a page that enables
    you to add users, delete users, reset passwords and add users to roles.

    It's a little bit of work, but not too complex.

    --

    Riki
    Riki, Jul 7, 2007

  3. Scott Guthrie's blogged a while ago and has kept up a good list of resources
    regarding managing memberships information.

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...entication_2C00_-and-Security-Resources-.aspx

    Thankfully, most of the logic for managing create, update, delete, and group
    memberships are built into the Membership objects and protects you from messing
    up the tables and raw data. Spend a bit of time exploring http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f1kyba5e.aspx
    for the properties and methods available to you.

    HTH.

    -dl

    --
    David R. Longnecker