    yawnmoth Guest

    In JavaScript, you can get them with navigator.userAgent, but what
    about in Java?

    yawnmoth, Mar 19, 2007

  2. yawnmoth wrote:
    > In JavaScript, you can get them with navigator.userAgent, but what
    > about in Java?

    Server side Java (JSP/Servlet) or client side Java (applet) ?

    Arne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Mar 19, 2007

  3. yawnmoth

    yawnmoth Guest

    On Mar 19, 2:27 pm, Arne Vajhøj <> wrote:
    > yawnmothwrote:
    > > In JavaScript, you can get them with navigator.userAgent, but what
    > > about in Java?

    > Server side Java (JSP/Servlet) or client side Java (applet) ?

    Applet.

    yawnmoth, Mar 19, 2007
  4. yawnmoth wrote:
    > On Mar 19, 2:27 pm, Arne Vajhøj <> wrote:
    >> yawnmothwrote:
    >>> In JavaScript, you can get them with navigator.userAgent, but what
    >>> about in Java?

    >> Server side Java (JSP/Servlet) or client side Java (applet) ?

    > Applet.

    I think you need to have your applet call some JavaScript
    code to get it.

    Arne

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Mar 19, 2007
  5. On Mar 20, 5:34 am, "yawnmoth" <> wrote:
    > In JavaScript, you can get them with navigator.userAgent, but what
    > about in Java?

    'Sure'*. Why? What does this ability
    bring to the end user?

    * Arne outlined the most direct method, there
    are also other ways to determine which browser
    an applet is running in, without JS support.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 19, 2007