User and pw prompt on photos

David C

We have an intranet application that displays file folders assigned to that
job. Each file folder has 5 subfolders under it and are listed in a
TreeView. When we click on the folder it shows the file names in a DataGrid.
It works perfect for 4 of the folders, but when we click on the folder named
"Photos" (mostly jpg files) it prompts us for username and password. Any
idea what might cause this? Thank you.

David

Mark Fitzpatrick

This usually means that the files or folder are lacking read access for
either the IUSR account, or the ASPnet account (the account used by ASP.Net
on different server types varies such as IISWPG or Network Services). You
have to figure out what's different on the NTFS permissions between the
different folders.