User ASPNET

João Abreu

I have a share in other computer and I want access to that sahre with my web
application. For that I do:
- Create a User ASPNET in my domain
- Use that user in machine.config file.
- Give permissions for that user to my share

Ok, This work with Windows 2000 Pro, so, I try to do this with Windows 2003,
but doesn't work :(
In Windows 2003 the user is allways Network Service. Why?

I see the page
http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups...t.framework.aspnet.security/2003-05/0264.html
and I have done with sucess in Win2000, but in Win2003 doesn't work. Why?

Sorry for my English...

Paul Clement

¤
¤ Ok, This work with Windows 2000 Pro, so, I try to do this with Windows 2003,
¤ but doesn't work :(
¤ In Windows 2003 the user is allways Network Service. Why?
¤
¤ I see the page
¤ http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups...t.framework.aspnet.security/2003-05/0264.html
¤ and I have done with sucess in Win2000, but in Win2003 doesn't work. Why?

I'm not sure why you're trying to use an ASPNET domain account for IIS 6.0 on Windows 2003. Why not
create an ID (or IDs) and use impersonation (with Basic or Integrated NT authentication) on your web
servers. Provide the appropriate permissions for these IDs to access the share.

Paul ~~~ (e-mail address removed)
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Guest

Talaat Abdl Qader said:
i found my ASPNET user account is removed from the users and i can't access
some program , how i can create this user again in win 2000 server. please
give me the answare very fast .

best regards

From
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=cr...in2000&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups
http://www.developmentnow.com

the best way is probably to reinstall ASP.net

C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\

aspnet_regiis.exe -u
aspnet_regiis.exe -i

Hope it helps.