User Authentication for Event Tracking

jHurt

I am building a site in rails (my first rails project) to track Events.
Each Event will have a list of guests. Like this:

Event has_many :guests
Guest belongs_to :event

I am trying to incorporate User authentication for this. So when a user
logs in, they see the event they have created and can CRUD the list of
guests for that event.

I have gone through the Rails Recipe from Chad Fowler's upcoming book
for Authentication and the following one for Role-based authentication.
However, I am still a little unclear as to how to implement my project
using these Recipes.

Can anybody give a quick rundown of how to accomplish this? Or maybe
just point me to info on a similar implementation?

rcoder

The local Ruby programmers' group I'm part of has been working on a
fairly similar application, which we use to organize our group events
and manage a roster of members. You can check out the currently-running
instance at http://pdxruby.org, or the Subversion repository for the
source code at http://svn.pdxruby.org/.

We're interested in making the code generic enough to be useful for
other groups, but at the moment, it's just the result of a few evenings
of hacking by a handful of us. Any input you had would be appreciated;
or, you could just treat the whole thing as a basic example, and take
off on your own project from there.

-Lennon