User Authentication system with 'Remember Me'.

Guest

I'm currently at the Macromedia Max Developer Conference in California and
was impressed by vendor's InterAct User Authentication system which
bascially allows one to smash together a 'Remember Me' User Authentication
and login system. It took 10 minutes!!

Now, I know that asp.net does allow some great forms authentication...but is
there a way to quickly smash out a user authent. system with 'remember me'
check box as an option?

I have read:
http://www.codeguru.com/Csharp/Csharp/cs_misc/security/article.php/c8585/
And: http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/custom_authentication.asp

But, there is no 'clear' example of how to do the 'remember me'
application...additionally, I suspect there is some form of pre-built
authentication system I can tap into in ASP.net.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Jason

Bruce Barker

the remember me is implemented with a non-expiring cookie. if you are using
forms authenication, a remember me should be a 1 minute edit. add the
checkbox, add the cookie after an authenication (if checked else clear),
check for the cookie at start. note: you store a userid in the cookie

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)