User Control - Accessing Properties from the Container Page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Sumeet Mahajan, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Dear all,

    Please check my problem -
    Problem:
    I have created a User Control(UC1) for navigating between pages. There are 4
    buttons on the user control. The click of each button opens up the
    respective aspx page. All works fine. I have my UC placed on all the 4
    containing pages. NOW the PROBLEM is that I want to save some data (from the
    containing page) in the session variable when the user clicks on any of the
    buttons in the User Control. CAN U suggets me where is the best place to
    write the code for this and how do I achieve this..?

    I am not able to figure out that when does the click event of the UC buttons
    get fired and how to pass the information(data) to the UC for it to save it
    in the session variable. AM I supposed to write a property for the User
    Control?? If that's the case then how do I refer to the property of the UC
    in the containg page in my JAVASCRIPT...???? (PLEASE HELP..???)

    NOTE: The data I want to store in the session variable is generated using
    DHTML on the fly. These are some selections that I want to store to be able
    to generate my DataView using this data as the parameter.

    many thanks to you
    regards
    Sumeet Mahajan
    Sumeet Mahajan, Mar 2, 2004