User Control + <asp:LinkButton> = JavaScript Error

Fresh Air Rider

Can anyone please tell me why I get a javascript error (expected ';')
when I simply add an <asp:LinkButton> to a User Control and the
reference that user control in a webpage ?

The <asp:LinkButton> is within a form which is set to runat="server"

I am referencing my control as follows :-

<%@ Register TagPrefix="myproj" TagName="News"
src="Controls/Menu.ascx" %>

This is extremely frustrating as I can't correct the JavaScript error
as it is being generated dynamically.

If anyone could enlighten me, I would be most greatful.