User control event - send value to parent

Antonio

Hi, i have a user control that is a pop-up search tool. The user
enters the criteria and are presented wiht a datagrid. They can select
the right one. I raise this event. The parent page catches the event
(sender, e). But what is the right way to send to the parent a value
from the datagrid? Can I put that value in the event I raise? Its
just an integer.

When the parent catches the error, I want to have that integer in hand.
Thanks!

Anil Paranganat

Hi,

To pass the selected value to the parent window.
You will have to use clientside script, use "window.opener" in the
script to access the parent window

Anil Paranganat

Marina

Anything that is happening in the browser on the client, is still just
javascript. If you want 2 browser windows to communicate, you still have to
write javascript to do so.

Antonio

maybe I made it sound like 2 windows by saying popup. no, it is a user
control (.ascx) imbedded in the parent page. does that make a
difference for you?