User Control in Custom Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Eric Immerman, Jun 5, 2006.

  1. I have a tough one that I am hoping somebody has run across. I have created
    a Custom Control that is a fancy Tab Control where each Tab is assigned to a
    Panel. Each Panel needs to be able to hold whatever content the user would
    like.

    I have this setup and everything was working fine. Basically from the users
    perspective they would add the control to thier page like this:

    <cc1:DigiTab ID="tabAssigned" runat="server">
    <cc1:Tab Key="tabAssignedUsers" Text="Assigned Users">
    <ContentHTML>
    <SPAN>Assigned Users</SPAN>
    </ContentHTML>
    </cc1:Tab>
    <cc1:Tab Key="tabUnassignedUsers" Text="Unssigned Users">
    <ContentHTML>
    <SPAN>Unassigned Users</SPAN>
    </ContentHTML>
    </cc1:Tab>
    </cc1:DigiTab>

    On the backend I am simple taking anything between the ContentHTML tags and
    rendering them as a WebControls.Literal. This worked great until one of my
    users stuck a User Control that he had defined on his page, between my
    ContentHTML tag. Of course when he did this my control did not render his
    user control because I am dealing with it as a literal.

    Does anybody know a way that I can allow my users to pass User Controls into
    my control within a innerproperty?

    Regards,
    Eric Immerman
    Solution Manager Development
    Allin Interactive
    Eric Immerman, Jun 5, 2006

  2. I resolved this using the TemplateContainer Attribute. You can find some
    help for this here
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...us/dnaspp/html/databoundtemplatedcontrols.asp

    Thanks to Phillip Williams for his help with this.

    Eric Immerman, Jun 6, 2006