User Control in Custom Control

Eric Immerman

I have a tough one that I am hoping somebody has run across. I have created
a Custom Control that is a fancy Tab Control where each Tab is assigned to a
Panel. Each Panel needs to be able to hold whatever content the user would
like.

I have this setup and everything was working fine. Basically from the users
perspective they would add the control to thier page like this:

<cc1:DigiTab ID="tabAssigned" runat="server">
<cc1:Tab Key="tabAssignedUsers" Text="Assigned Users">
<ContentHTML>
<SPAN>Assigned Users</SPAN>
</ContentHTML>
</cc1:Tab>
<cc1:Tab Key="tabUnassignedUsers" Text="Unssigned Users">
<ContentHTML>
<SPAN>Unassigned Users</SPAN>
</ContentHTML>
</cc1:Tab>
</cc1:DigiTab>

On the backend I am simple taking anything between the ContentHTML tags and
rendering them as a WebControls.Literal. This worked great until one of my
users stuck a User Control that he had defined on his page, between my
ContentHTML tag. Of course when he did this my control did not render his
user control because I am dealing with it as a literal.

Does anybody know a way that I can allow my users to pass User Controls into
my control within a innerproperty?

Regards,
Eric Immerman
Solution Manager Development
Allin Interactive

Eric Immerman

Thanks!! That article definitely solved my problem and my developers are
once again happily making fancy Tab Controls...

Thanks,