User control is GridView causing Object doesn't support this property or method exception

Joe

I'm trying to use my UserControl as a TemplateField in a GridView but I'm
getting the exception:
"Object doesn't support this property or method exception".

The user control has a flash player in it. I'm thinking this might be
causing the problem but I can't really debug it to find out exactly what it
is complaining about.

Any suggestions?

-Joe

Larry Bud

I'm trying to use my UserControl as a TemplateField in a GridView but I'm
getting the exception:
"Object doesn't support this property or method exception".

The user control has a flash player in it. I'm thinking this might be
causing the problem but I can't really debug it to find out exactly what it
is complaining about.

A flash player is client side, not server side.

Do you mean that you've put your user control IN a templatefield?

Joe

Yes. I have my user control which has an object tag for the flash player.
I'm using the user control in a template field:
<ItemTemplate>
<user:MyControl/>
</ItemTemplate>

Joe

Well I sort of have it working now. I had a script to update the movie and
it seems there may have been some type of a conflict.