    If you have multiple User Controls on a page, will they always be loaded in a specific order or is there a bit of randomness involved

    TI
    jdn

    jdn, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Hi jdn,

    Based on my understanding, you want to know the load order of
    multi-usercontrols on the webform.

    For usercontrol, normally, it will be place on the form declaratively
    through html view. Then at runtime, the Asp.net will dynamically use
    ControlBuilder class to parse these html declaration, and build the control
    tree.

    So the load order should be the their order in the control tree, while the
    ControlBuilder will parse the html view from top to bottom, the load order
    should also determined by the order the usercontrols are declared in the
    html view. That is: first declared usercontrol will be loaded first.

    of assistance.

    Best regards,
    Jeffrey Tan
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    Jeffrey Tan[MSFT], Apr 9, 2004

  3. Hi jdn,

    Does my reply makes sense to you? Do you still have any concern?

    Please feel free to let me know, I will help you. Thanks

    Jeffrey Tan[MSFT], Apr 13, 2004