User Control loading order

jdn

If you have multiple User Controls on a page, will they always be loaded in a specific order or is there a bit of randomness involved

TI
jdn

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi jdn,

Based on my understanding, you want to know the load order of
multi-usercontrols on the webform.

For usercontrol, normally, it will be place on the form declaratively
through html view. Then at runtime, the Asp.net will dynamically use
ControlBuilder class to parse these html declaration, and build the control
tree.

So the load order should be the their order in the control tree, while the
ControlBuilder will parse the html view from top to bottom, the load order
should also determined by the order the usercontrols are declared in the
html view. That is: first declared usercontrol will be loaded first.

of assistance.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi jdn,

Does my reply makes sense to you? Do you still have any concern?

Please feel free to let me know, I will help you. Thanks