User Control & member vars

Guest

I have a user control with 2 buttons on it & 1 label.... as each button is
pressed, they set a member variable within the class and sets the label
test.
I also have a get/set property for the member variable.
At Page_Load time I initialize this member variable

I have a host form which contains the user control
I have a button and a label on the host form (in addition to the user
control)
Now when I click the host-form button, it is suppose to get the property
from the user control and put the contents
into the host-form label.....

the following is from the user control:
mUC1Label= "this is from Page_Load";
}
public string UC1LinkButton
{
get { return mUC1Label; }
set {
mUC1Label = value;
uc1Label1.Text = mUC1Label;
private void LinkButton1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
UC1LinkButton = "LinkButton1_Click";
}
private void LinkButton2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
UC1LinkButton = "LinkButton2_Click";
}

on the host side:
void Button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
ucTestLabel1.Text = "from the User Control Below " +
Webusercontrol12.UC1LinkButton;
}

ucTestLabel1 is a host-form control
now Button1_Click is not in the Code-Behind... it is in the form page (if
that makes a difference)

what shows up in ucTestLabel1 always is "this is from Page_Load" ,
never "LinkButton1_Click"; or "LinkButton2_Click";

why?

John

Guest

The property in the User Control should store in view state to persist across
postbacks

public string UC1LinkButton
{
get {