User Control, vanishes

MrFile

I have a very strange problem. I have a user control within an ASP.NET
C# application that puts navigation on a page based on a DataSet.

There is one page in my site that if i click on the navigation to go to
this page very quickly it will not render the navigation on the 3rd
click. Everything else renders just find but the navigation is gone.

I cannot trace this easily since i have to do it quickly, and the
breakpoints on the page cause this problem not to happen.

I have tried placing Console.write in my app, but that does not seem to
work, am i doing something wrong with it or is there another technique
to monitor if an area of code fired?

This is a very frustrating problem and some help would be appreciated.

Brock Allen

I have tried placing Console.write in my app, but that does not seem
to work, am i doing something wrong with it or is there another
technique to monitor if an area of code fired?

Don't use Response.Write. Instead use Trace.Write and enable tracing on your
page via:

<%@ Page Trace=true ... %>

MrFile

I added custom trace information, but it wont appear when i hit the
error case that does not display navigation. The last trace in looks
normal but the 3rd trace is no there for the page.

Its like im getting some sort of weird cached copy or something on the
third click, but why i dont understand i have nothing funky enabled and
its a simple page like 4 others that work idenitcally but dont break in
this way.

The investigation continues....

MrFile

Well more testing was completed.

Added Response.write to both the load and prerender events of the
navigation web user control and the page itself. They all show up until
i hit the error case.

I have been trying this in IE only, so i decided to try another
browser. I now tried it in Opera and could not reproduce the error.

I even tried setting the IE cache settings to "Everytime i visit the
page" without any change.

I feel another call to Microsoft coming up.