User Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Cederstrom, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. Cederstrom

    Cederstrom Guest

    Hello,

    I want to create a page that is split into two parts, I guess the best way
    to do it is with a table. So I have a menu to the left and the "page" to the
    right.

    I will however have different pages, and the menu will be different for each
    page. So I figured it would be nice to make some sort of menu that could be
    changed dynamically.

    But how can I change a UserControl, and from where - The mainpage, or the
    other UserControl?

    I tried to make a function that would change a label in the usercontrol, but
    when I call it, the text doesn't change. So I figure im doing something
    wrong.

    I hope someone can throw me in the right direction.

    Thanks,
    - Cederstrom

    Cederstrom, Nov 20, 2003