User Controls including themselves recursively

Mark

I am trying to convert a cold fusion site to asp.net, and have been
turning all the includes into user controls. My problem is that I
found an include that actually includes itself, recursively!

Is there any way for a usercontrol to emulate this behavior? The
classes are must-inherit, so I don't think I can just spawn a new
instance in code. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Mark,
Wow!, and how is this supposed to work?

Maybe you could give a bit more of detail on what your UC do, so we can
think some alternatives to avoid the recursion,

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

Mark

I am trying to convert a cold fusion site to asp.net, and have been
turning all the includes into user controls. My problem is that I
found an include that actually includes itself, recursively!

Is there any way for a usercontrol to emulate this behavior? The
classes are must-inherit, so I don't think I can just spawn a new
instance in code. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

The original coldfusion include checks a condition, and if that
condition is correct, it includes itself again. Its ultimate goal is
outputting table rows.

I have to somehow emulate that behavior, but am not sure how to
dynamically spawn a usercontrol.