User controls - Is there a max per webform?

Dblood

I have beaten my head against a wall long enough trying to get
dynamically loaded controls to fire events. Unless you have a complete
example that works, please don't spend lots of time responding to that
part of the post.

All my controls are static, I just need them to appear in the same web
form for other reasons. If I add all my controls to the web form at
design-time, I can then (instead of loading them dyanmically) turn
visibility off for all but the proper control.

My questions are:
1. Is this even an "acceptable" approach in the eyes of ASP.NET gurus?
2. Is there a maximum number of user controls that I can include on a
web form?
3. I know that including all of these (mostly small) controls will
cause the page to load more slowly, but is there a benchmark of
acceptable vs. not acceptable in TOTAL size. (i.e. <30k is fine, >30k
is not)? I'm asking from an ASP.NET performance standpoint rather than
as an issue of bandwidth.
4. Any other suggestions?

Danny