User Controls - Web vs. WinForms

Mark

What is the difference between a "user control" for Web Forms vs. Windows
Forms? I have extensive use of user controls (.NET 1.1) in Web forms. Just
wondering how they differ for Windows Forms.

Thanks.

simida

a) By extending ContainerControl, UserControl inherits all the standard
positioning and mnemonic-handling code that is necessary in a user
control.The UserControl gives you the ability to create controls that
can be used in multiple places within an application or organization.

a usercontrol from winform renders it's apparentness by GDI or GDI+.

System.Object
System.MarshalByRefObject
System.ComponentModel.Component
System.Windows.Forms.Control
System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl
System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl
System.Windows.Forms.UserControl

b) A usercontrol from webforms, it represents an .ascx file, also known
as a user control, requested from a server that hosts an ASP.NET Web
application. The file must be called from a Web Forms page or a parser
error will occur.

a usercontrol from webform renders it's apparentness by Html elements
based on browser

System.Object
System.Web.UI.Control
System.Web.UI.TemplateControl