User Controls

Murphy

If an aspx page is passed a value via a query string is it possible for a
user control on that page to read the value passed to the parent aspx ?

Thanks

Murphy

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\) [MVP]

I would venture a yes, although you may have to explicitly call the page.
You can also set up control properties, make sure the control is referenced
in the page and set from the page by explicitly setting the control
properties you create.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

Think outside the box!

Murphy

Thanks Gregory,

What about something like the following in the load event for the ascx page:

' Set the current selection of list
Dim CategoryId As String = Request.Params("categoryid")