User: help me defeat this annoying JavaScript?

bill

There's a page that I frequently need to use, but I find that I
cannot bookmark it, because it starts with

if (parent.location.href == self.location.href) {
// change the url below to the url of the
// frameset page...
window.location.href = 'index.html';

? The desired page can be reached from index.html, of course, but
one has to follow several links to get there. VERY annoying!

I've tried desperate nonsense such as

javascript:parent.location.href="foobar"; location="http://www.irritating.com/
deeply_hidden.html"

but no luck. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

-bill

Ivo

There's a page that I frequently need to use, but I find that I
cannot bookmark it, because it starts with

if (parent.location.href == self.location.href) {
// change the url below to the url of the
// frameset page...
window.location.href = 'index.html';

? The desired page can be reached from index.html, of course, but
one has to follow several links to get there. VERY annoying!

I've tried desperate nonsense such as

javascript:parent.location.href="foobar"; location="http://www.irritating.com/
deeply_hidden.html"

but no luck. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Look in their index.html file. Perhaps there is code that automatically
loads the desired page from the search portion of the url.
Or:
Write your own little frameset, it can be as simple as
<frameset>
<frame src="http://stuff/thepage">
</frameset>
and store this locally on your harddrive, then bookmark that file.
The javascript in the page will not redirect because the page is framed now.
Of course other scripts and links will also fail now that the page is not in
its intended frameset.
HTH
Ivo

Vincent van Beveren

? The desired page can be reached from index.html, of course, but
one has to follow several links to get there. VERY annoying!

I've tried desperate nonsense such as

javascript:parent.location.href="foobar"; location="http://www.irritating.com/
deeply_hidden.html"

but no luck. Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Well, this could work:

in the addressbar as one line:

javascript:document.open();
document.writeln('<HTML><FRAMESET COLS="*">
<FRAME SRC="http://www.google.com"></FRAMESET></HTML>');
document.close();

Good luck,
Vincent