User interaction with Python

Wolfgang Meiners

Hello all,

I would like to have a function to edit values in a database.

So I am reading values from the database and do something like

newString = edit(oldString)

and then oldString is written to the screen and can be edited in a
vi-like manner for example. The function edit should return the edited
Value. I am sure, there is a possibility to do such work in python, but
I don't know where to look.

Thank you for all hints
Wolfgang

Peter Otten

Wolfgang Meiners wrote:

I would like to have a function to edit values in a database.

So I am reading values from the database and do something like

newString = edit(oldString)

and then oldString is written to the screen and can be edited in a
vi-like manner for example. The function edit should return the edited
Value. I am sure, there is a possibility to do such work in python, but
I don't know where to look.

When readline is available:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2009-June/1209309.html