User Interface Process 2.0 Application Block - OpenNavigator Error

Guest

Hi All,

I am using Microsoft UIP 2.0 Application Block for my web application. I
have come across with the following issue and found out how to avoid it.
Wanted to know better approaches exists for this?

Problem:
When OpenNavigator is used with State Cache disabled, there was always error
saying "object reference not set to instace of the object" in the
GetPersistenceProviderSettings(string navigatorName) method of
UIPConfigSettings class whenever second page is accessed.

I figured out that when open navigator class getting constructed it tries to
load the state using the navigation graph name. Because it is open navigator
it does not find it in the navigation graph collection and there was no check
for null reference, so it was throwing exception.

Solution:
Actually there is no need to call the StateFactory.Load method with
Navigation Graph name, only task id is enough.

So I modified the OpenNavigator(navigatorName, taskID) constructor call
StateFactory.Load(taskID) method.

Now the system is working fine.

Question:
Is there any better way to solve this without modifying the UIP Code? Am I
missing any configuration setting here?

Thanks,
Asief.