    User.Identity.Name property. I also have some old ASP pages as well. Is
    there an way to retrieve this information in ASP (not ASP.Net) as well?

    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltSGVhdmV5?=, Jun 11, 2007

  2. On Jun 11, 9:43 pm, JimHeavey <>
    wrote:
    > I have been using ASP.NET to retrieve the logon name with the
    > User.Identity.Name property. I also have some old ASP pages as well. Is
    > there an way to retrieve this information in ASP (not ASP.Net) as well?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your assistance.

    What type of Authentication do you use? I suppose you want to get a
    Windows logon name?

    To use Windows Authentication, enable "Integrated Windows
    Authentication" within IIS. Add to a web.config file an
    <authentication> section and set the mode to "Windows".

    <configuration>
    <system.web>
    <authentication mode="Windows" />
    <authorization>
    <deny users="?"/>
    </authorization>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    Once it's done, you can access the logged-in username.

    In ASP 3.0 it can be done using Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")

    Alexey Smirnov, Jun 11, 2007