    do not want to use IRB command prompt for my users. If you have heard of
    this or are using it, what is it called/ how are you using this? Thanks.
    MC

    Mmcolli00 Mom, Dec 11, 2008

  2. On 11.12.2008, at 17:03 , Mmcolli00 Mom wrote:

    > Has anyone heard of Ruby containing a popup window prompt for users? I
    > do not want to use IRB command prompt for my users. If you have
    > heard of
    > this or are using it, what is it called/ how are you using this?
    > Thanks.
    > MC

    There are several approaches, for simple things these seem good to me:

    http://www.shoooes.net
    http://cocoadialog.sourceforge.net/

    einarmagnus

    Einar Magnús Boson, Dec 11, 2008

  3. On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Mmcolli00 Mom <> wrote:
    > Has anyone heard of Ruby containing a popup window prompt for users? I
    > do not want to use IRB command prompt for my users. If you have heard of
    > this or are using it, what is it called/ how are you using this? Thanks.

    There are various options - check out zerenity, for instance

    http://code.google.com/p/zerenity/

    martin

    Martin DeMello, Dec 11, 2008
  4. Mmcolli00 Mom, Dec 11, 2008
  5. Martin DeMello wrote:
    > On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Mmcolli00 Mom <> wrote:
    >> Has anyone heard of Ruby containing a popup window prompt for users? I
    >> do not want to use IRB command prompt for my users. If you have heard of
    >> this or are using it, what is it called/ how are you using this? Thanks.

    > There are various options - check out zerenity, for instance
    >
    > http://code.google.com/p/zerenity/
    >
    > martin

    Or kdialog if you are in kde.

    http://rubyforge.org/projects/kdialog/

    Looks like an unmaintained project though. (Never used it myself.)

    Joel VanderWerf, Dec 11, 2008
  6. Other options:

    - old-fashioned tk

    - run as a daemon, and have users point their web browser at localhost.
    Then you can build your app using a web framework (from something as
    simple as sinatra to something as big and powerful as rails; there are
    lots of other options in between)

    Brian Candler, Dec 12, 2008

    wrote:
    > >> Has anyone heard of Ruby containing a popup window prompt for users? I
    > >> do not want to use IRB command prompt for my users. If you have heard of
    > >> this or are using it, what is it called/ how are you using this? Thanks.

    > > There are various options - check out zerenity, for instance
    > >
    > > http://code.google.com/p/zerenity/
    > >
    > > martin

    > Or kdialog if you are in kde.
    >
    > http://rubyforge.org/projects/kdialog/
    >
    > Looks like an unmaintained project though. (Never used it myself.)

    If it is KDE, you can use the kdialog command line program or the KDE::Dialog
    class in Korundum.

    David Palacio, Dec 12, 2008