    I program it to replicate the user table to my own DB? Should I use 2
    database in my site both the generated DB & my own DB?

    What's the best practice? Hoping for the right way.. thanks
    p3ktiff, Jan 20, 2009

  2. p3ktiff

    Fred Guest

    in news:, p3ktiff wrote :

    > Hi,

    > I am creating a blogging website with a database which has (user &
    > roles) table for login & profile purposes.
    > Recently, i've discovered that ASP.net has now a login,
    > changepassword, createuser control which even automatically creates
    > database for user table, roles, etc.. I was fascinated that i don't
    > have to do this anymore manually, it created a database for me in an
    > instant. However, my problem is i also have a seperate database for
    > my blogging site and i want the user information of the generated DB
    > to my blogging DB, how can i do that? should I program it to
    > replicate the user table to my own DB? Should I use 2 database in my
    > site both the generated DB & my own DB?
    > What's the best practice? Hoping for the right way.. thanks

    Have a look at the tool named aspnet_regsql.exe
    I didn't try to use it in the way you need but it seems you can create
    the aspnet database schema in an existing database.

    --
    Fred
    Fred, Jan 20, 2009

  3. The basics of Membership in ASP.NET are fine. I would not opt for the
    default provider in most cases, however. But you can easily create a custom
    provider.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, Se, SD, DBA

    blog: http://gregorybeamer.spaces.live.com

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jan 20, 2009
  4. p3ktiff

    p3ktiff Guest

    Thanks Fred.

    p3ktiff, Jan 21, 2009