"User Session has expired" in Windows 2003 under Crystal 7

Vance Kessler

Yes, yes, I know why are we using Crystal 7 under Windows 2003. Well we
have to for now.

We had a website that was working just fine under Windows 2000 then we
re-staged the boxes upgraded to Windows 2003 and now we are having problems
with Crystal 7. The thing is that this works on development machines also
running the same version of Windows 2003. We are not running in IIS 5
compatibility mode nor do we want to.

The problem is that reports will display fine but when the user clicks on
the Export button on the report then it crashes IIS. The message 'User
Session has expired' is displayed to the user when this happens. I added
some logging to ReportCrystalServer and when the EXPORT request comes in it
crashes IIS before it hits the page and of course the oPageEngine session
variable is not set when it tries to check for its existence and it
generates the error above. It is odd because it had successfully navigated
the ReportCrystalServer page 2 times for other actions (cmd=GET_PG,
cmd=GET_TTL) immediately prior to the error.

I have been trying to determine the differences between these 2 boxes and
have not found the difference that will make this work on the web servers
yet. IIS is identically configured on all boxes (except for IP addresses of
course).

I am currently reading
https://www.towrylaw.com.hk/asp/scr_user_session_has_expired.pdf but so far
it has been of no help.

There has to be some configuration or component that is causing this to
crash, but I cannot figure out what that may be!! Help Please!

Thanks
Vance