"User Session has expired" in Windows 2003 under Crystal 7

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Vance Kessler, Jun 11, 2004.

  1. Yes, yes, I know why are we using Crystal 7 under Windows 2003. Well we
    have to for now.

    We had a website that was working just fine under Windows 2000 then we
    re-staged the boxes upgraded to Windows 2003 and now we are having problems
    with Crystal 7. The thing is that this works on development machines also
    running the same version of Windows 2003. We are not running in IIS 5
    compatibility mode nor do we want to.

    The problem is that reports will display fine but when the user clicks on
    the Export button on the report then it crashes IIS. The message 'User
    Session has expired' is displayed to the user when this happens. I added
    some logging to ReportCrystalServer and when the EXPORT request comes in it
    crashes IIS before it hits the page and of course the oPageEngine session
    variable is not set when it tries to check for its existence and it
    generates the error above. It is odd because it had successfully navigated
    the ReportCrystalServer page 2 times for other actions (cmd=GET_PG,
    cmd=GET_TTL) immediately prior to the error.

    I have been trying to determine the differences between these 2 boxes and
    have not found the difference that will make this work on the web servers
    yet. IIS is identically configured on all boxes (except for IP addresses of
    course).

    I am currently reading
    https://www.towrylaw.com.hk/asp/scr_user_session_has_expired.pdf but so far
    it has been of no help.

    There has to be some configuration or component that is causing this to
    crash, but I cannot figure out what that may be!! Help Please!

    Thanks
    Vance

    Vance Kessler, Jun 11, 2004