User specifc domain names

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Acky, May 27, 2007.

  1. Acky

    Acky Guest

    Please help,

    I have a .co.uk website on which I would like to have individual,
    customised pages for users. I have worked out that it is quite easy
    to create unique URLs for customers by simply creating directories and
    letting ASP do all the hard work for me e.g.

    www.mydomain.co.uk/user1
    www.mydomain.co.uk/user2

    However, I have seen on other ASP websites, that they have used what
    could be described as a more user friendly way of doing things, by
    creating individual sites like...

    www.user1.mydomain.co.uk
    www.user2.mydomain.co.uk

    I don't know the correct terminology to go looking for how this is
    done, can someone please point me in the right direction, or
    preferably (if you have the time), say exactly how this is achieved in
    easy to understand steps???

    Thanks in advance for any help.

    Mark
    Acky, May 27, 2007

  2. Acky

    Mark Rae Guest

    Mark Rae, May 27, 2007

  3. Acky

    Acky Guest

    Acky, May 28, 2007
  4. Acky

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Acky" <> wrote in message

    > Thanks for the information, I'll have a poke around and see how easy
    > it is to achieve.

    It's easy enough to do, so long as your ISP supports it...

    --
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae, May 28, 2007