    Chad Guest

    I want to know what the user's time zone offset is on the *server*.

    What's the best way?

    Chad, Jun 8, 2007

  2. Chad

    PlatinumBay Guest

    Chad,

    You most likely need to use JavaScript on the client to detect it, and send
    that to the server.

    Check out these articles:
    http://www.willmaster.com/possibilities/archives/wmp19990831001.shtml

    There is also some discussion over at the W3 about whether this should be
    included in the browsers UserAgent string.
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-core/2007AprJun/0009.html

    Hope this helps,

    Steve

    PlatinumBay, Jun 9, 2007