UserControl Inheritance

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by paul, Jun 4, 2004.

  1. paul

    paul Guest

    I am having some problems inheriting one user control from another
    In my base user control (uc_template) I have a public property that sets the Text property of a Label control
    No problem setting the property when putting this control on an .aspx page

    Protected WithEvents Uc_template1 As templat
    Uc_template1.BodyFooterText= "Something

    However, if I create another control(uc_template_member) and inherit from the base control ie

    Public MustInherit Class uc_template_membe
    Inherits uc_templat

    Me.BodyFooterText = "Something

    I get the following error
    'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

    I know I must be missing something. Do I need to create new (Override) properties in the sub control

    Any help is greatly appreciate

    thank
    paul
    paul, Jun 4, 2004