UserControl Is Nothing

Landley

Hi All,

My Web UserControl Is Nothing in the Load event.

That I am aware of, I have added the control correctly to the page as the
control appears, links to my database and displays correctly.

What I am trying to do is change a property on the control at runtime, and I
thought I could do this in the Load event, as the Load event is fired after
all the controls on the page are loaded.

Please help.

Landers

Karl Seguin

You should be able to.

are you sure the name of the user control variable matches the id?

<uc1:something id="x" runat="server" />

protected x as Something

x.Xxx ?

Karl

Brock Allen

If you're using Fragement Caching (where you cache the ASCX) then it will
be null. Perhaps this is the problem?