UserControl, Radiobutton, Wizard : Problem in keeping the state ofthe Radiobuttons

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Florian Paulus, Nov 14, 2008.

  1. Hi group,

    I am kind of lost here.

    I have created a Usercontrol holding 2 grouped Radiobuttons.

    In one particular Wizardstep (the last one) they are dynamically (by
    code) added to the step : Step2.Controls.Add(c);

    They display fine on the page, even with the preselected Radiobutton
    selected. However if the user changes some buttons and clicks on finish,
    and i check those button controls, all is still set as the default.

    I used already inside the Usercontrol the setting
    EnableViewState="true" for the radiobuttons and for the whole
    usercontrol too, before its added to the step.

    What am i missing?

    This is basically what the usercontrol contains of :

    <asp:RadioButton ID="allow" runat="server" EnableViewState="true">
    </asp:RadioButton>
    <asp:RadioButton ID="deny" runat="server" EnableViewState="true"/>

    I tried even to keep them in a Session like
    ((ArrayList)Session[Membership.GetUser().ProviderUserKey +
    "_checkBoxes"]).Add(c);

    But if i retrieve those elements in the OnFinishButtonClick Wizard
    event, they are as well all set to their initial presetted value, the
    changes the user made are lost.

    Thanks in advance

    Florian
    Florian Paulus, Nov 14, 2008