usercontrols and postback

Peter Kirk

Hi

I have a page with several ascx (user controls) on it. The first few
user-controls are dropdowns and so on, which initialise themselves from a
database.

The last user-control has some "<a href>" tags in it, which link back to the
same page and should cause this last user-control to perform specific
actions on itself.

The problem is that these links do not cause a so-called "post-back", and
therefore the other user-controls re-initialise themselves (which the do on
!IsPostBack). How do I prevent the other user-controls on the page from
reacting to the links in the last user-control?

Thanks,
Peter