Username and Password

Miguel Dias Moura

Hello,

I need to set a basic format for the usernames and passwords in my web
site.
Basically, I need to know what should be the minimum requirements for
having a good security level.
Something like having a password with a minimum of 8 letters (6 letters
and 2 numbers). This is just an example.

Anyway, I need some advice on the format to use and help on how to
create a regular expression.

Thanks,
Miguel

blackstaronline.net

For ease of use I always use email address as the username and a
minimum of 8 charactor password. I always state that its best to use a
combination of letters, numbers, and special characters too (!, $,
etc.).

Hope this helps,
Jeremy Reid
http://blackstaronline.net/hgtit