username/password dialog prompt

Dan Winsor

Hi,

To preface, I'm a bit of a python novice, but I have been poking
around for the solution for a bit and have found actually too many
leads which has wedged me. I'm looking to impliment a dialog,
preferably using Tkinter, that will prompt for a username and
password. I'd like to have the password field blanked (via show="*"),
and have the dialog return both fields to the command line script that
I'm launching it from. Can someone recommend a good example or
tutorial to work from? Thanks very much in advance.

Irmen de Jong

Hi,

To preface, I'm a bit of a python novice, but I have been poking
around for the solution for a bit and have found actually too many
leads which has wedged me. I'm looking to impliment a dialog,
preferably using Tkinter, that will prompt for a username and
password. I'd like to have the password field blanked (via show="*"),
and have the dialog return both fields to the command line script that
I'm launching it from. Can someone recommend a good example or
tutorial to work from? Thanks very much in advance.

My Tkinter is very rusty but perhaps you could do it something like
this: http://pastebin.com/m5e49da19

I forgot how to get rid of the empty root window that appears, sorry.

-irmen