    --
    Dan Winsor

    Soy un poco loco en el coco.

    Dan Winsor, Nov 6, 2009

  2. On 6-11-2009 20:41, Dan Winsor wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > To preface, I'm a bit of a python novice, but I have been poking
    > around for the solution for a bit and have found actually too many
    > leads which has wedged me. I'm looking to impliment a dialog,
    > preferably using Tkinter, that will prompt for a username and
    > password. I'd like to have the password field blanked (via show="*"),
    > and have the dialog return both fields to the command line script that
    > I'm launching it from. Can someone recommend a good example or
    > tutorial to work from? Thanks very much in advance.

    My Tkinter is very rusty but perhaps you could do it something like
    this: http://pastebin.com/m5e49da19

    I forgot how to get rid of the empty root window that appears, sorry.

    -irmen

    Irmen de Jong, Nov 6, 2009

  3. >
    > My Tkinter is very rusty but perhaps you could do it
    > something like this : http://pastebin.com/m5e49da19
    >
    > I forgot how to get rid of the empty root window
    > that appears, sorry.

    root.withdraw() # should do it

    --
    Stanley C. Kitching
    Human Being

    Cousin Stanley, Nov 6, 2009
  4. Dan Winsor

    Dan Winsor Guest

    On Nov 6, 4:40 pm, Cousin Stanley <> wrote:
    > > My Tkinter is very rusty but perhaps you could do it
    > > something like this :  http://pastebin.com/m5e49da19

    > > I forgot how to get rid of the empty root window
    > > that appears, sorry.

    >   root.withdraw()   # should do it

    Thanks to you both - exactly what I was looking for. Much
    appreciated.

    --
    Dan Winsor

    Soy un poco loco en el coco.