Username/password logging in

Discussion in 'Java' started by mark, Nov 15, 2006.

  1. mark

    mark Guest

    mark, Nov 15, 2006

  2. mark wrote:
    > I want to create an app which allows me to log into
    > https://reg.racingpost.co.uk/cde/login_iframe_rp.sd
    > I am using jakarta httpMethod to connect but have no idea how to set
    > username & password to get the correct login page ( I tried with the
    > methods on
    > http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/authentication.html but
    > with no success :///). Could you just show me direction in which I
    > should go?

    The "authentication" code is for BASIC authentication (and NTLM etc.)
    which are HTTP based.

    The page looks as if it is using FORM base authentication (which
    is session based).

    The solution is simply to login.

    I have attached an example below.

    Arne

    import java.io.IOException;

    import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient;
    import org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException;
    import org.apache.commons.httpclient.NameValuePair;
    import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod;
    import org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.PostMethod;

    public class Login {
    private HttpClient client;
    public Login() {
    client = new HttpClient();
    }
    public void login(String url, String userField, String userValue,
    String passField, String passValue) throws Exception {
    NameValuePair[] nvp = new NameValuePair[2];
    nvp[0] = new NameValuePair(userField, userValue);
    nvp[1] = new NameValuePair(passField, passValue);
    post(url, nvp);
    }
    public String get(String url) throws Exception {
    GetMethod met = new GetMethod(url);
    try {
    client.executeMethod(met);
    } catch (HttpException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    } catch (IOException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    return met.getResponseBodyAsString();
    }
    public String post(String url, NameValuePair[] nvp) throws Exception {
    PostMethod met = new PostMethod(url);
    if (nvp != null) {
    met.setRequestBody(nvp);
    }
    try {
    client.executeMethod(met);
    } catch (HttpException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    } catch (IOException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    return met.getResponseBodyAsString();
    Login lgi = new Login();
    lgi.login("http://www.xxx.dk/login.php", "login_username",
    args[0], "login_password", args[1]);
    System.out.println(lgi.get("http://www.xxx.dk/something.php"));
    =?UTF-8?B?QXJuZSBWYWpow7hq?=, Nov 16, 2006