Users and groups on windows server 2003

Steffen Loringer

Hi,

my asp.net application is running fine on my development system. The
application opens an access database and needs therefore write permissions.

If I copy my complete folder on a Windows Server 2003 environment it's
not working anymore. The website is accessible till the point when the
application opens the access database.

What are the names of users and groups necessary on a Windows Server
2003 to make the application working.
I added for example the user ASPNET in the Windows Explorer with Full
Control but nothing changed!

I'm really happy about each idea!

Thanks
Steff

Fredrik Arenhag

Hi!

I'm basically in the same situation as you are, having tried to add
permissions for the ASPNET-account but not succeeding with this.

However, I've noticed that by using these statements:
Response.Write("WindowsIdentity: " & WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name &
"<br>")
Response.Flush()

(credits to: http://hintsandtips.com/hat.aspx?P=ShowTip&C=31&F=100&T=5)

before the lines that would create the exception I managed to find out
which account it was that actually tried to perform the operation.

In my case (Win2k3) it turned out to be the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK
SERVICE-account. However, adding permissions to this account didn't help
either. So if you find anything out I'd be happy to hear!

Regards
Fredrik Arenhag