useService problem

Guest

Hi

I have a problem with an webservice on my machine. The problem is that i
have the same code on production server and it works fine but on my machine
does not work anymore. I have an xp + sp2 using IIS 5 . Server is using
win2k+sp4 with iis5. Can someone tell me what is wrong with may machine?
This happens with all my applications which are using webservices.
I think it's because off the sp2 but i'm not sure.

1 the webservice is responding
2 i tried to put also url path to the webservice and it's same problem
3 i have the webservice.htc in the same directory with my page

The code is as follow:

onresult="storeToSession()" Navigate="true"></div>

loadService(){
try{
document.all.service.useService("WebService.asmx?WSDL", "service");
}catch(e){}
// here is the problem because it give me a javascript error "Object
doesn't support this property or method"
}

Thank

bruce barker

you need to host the webservice.htc file on your local box. also you will
need to set the trust level to allow active/x on your local box.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

What do you mean with local box?