    the card reader or detect that the info is coming from the reader? So I can
    only enable it when the user is in the proper field, or move the data to the
    proper field when it's detected... Thanks.

    Jerry Camel, Apr 22, 2005

  2. That device is known as a wedge device. It just sends the characters in like
    keyboard entry. You will have to look at the input string to determine if
    they are putting the information in the wrong field. You might use Jscript
    to look at the information which will have the special characters for credit
    cards in the string.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJlbmRvbg==?=, Apr 22, 2005

  3. Credit card readers, like barcode scanners, act as keyboard on the web page.

    So it isn't going to be easy, unless you want to forbid the user from
    entering numbers on the other fields.
    (If this is the case, you can set up event handler for listening keyboard
    event, and jump to the credit card
    field if it sees a number)

    Oh, wait. If your credit card reader is like my barcode reader, that can be
    configured to prepend another sequence
    of letter in the beginning of returned string at can act as identifier, then
    there may be trickly things you can do......

    "Jerry Camel" <> ¦b¶l¥ó
    news: ¤¤¼¶¼g...

    Lau Lei Cheong, Apr 23, 2005