    Thanks,
    Marlon

    , Aug 30, 2007

  2. tim prince Guest

    Looks more suitable for gcc-help mail list. Sign up at gcc.gnu.org.

    > As well as posting any replies here, could I also ask people to email
    > them to , please?

    All the more reason to start in a more topical place.

    tim prince, Aug 30, 2007

  3. CBFalconer Guest

    wrote:

    > I've got a Solaris machine with 32-bit gcc installed. I need to
    > compile some programmes with 64-bit Oracle 10g, so I'd like to
    > install the 64-bit gcc 3.2.1, too. Does anyone know if this is a
    > sensible thing to do, or should I remove the 32-bit version first
    > before I try to install the 64-bit version?
    >
    > Anything else anyone can think of to make this a trouble-free
    > experience for me would be gratefully received.

    gcc is up to 4.2.x version.

    > As well as posting any replies here, could I also ask people to
    > email them to , please?

    No. Too much trouble.

    <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>

    CBFalconer, Aug 30, 2007
  4. jacob navia Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I've got a Solaris machine with 32-bit gcc installed. I need to
    > compile some programmes with 64-bit Oracle 10g, so I'd like to install
    > the 64-bit gcc 3.2.1, too. Does anyone know if this is a sensible
    > thing to do, or should I remove the 32-bit version first before I try
    > to install the 64-bit version?
    >
    > Anything else anyone can think of to make this a trouble-free
    > experience for me would be gratefully received.
    >
    > As well as posting any replies here, could I also ask people to email
    > them to , please?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Marlon

    Last time I compiled using gcc in Solaris I *think* there was a
    -m64 or similar option within the same executable to generate
    a 64 bit mode program. I think you do not have to switch
    compilers but just add an option to the compiler flags.

    Did you read the documentation?

    jacob navia, Aug 30, 2007
  5. writes:
    > I've got a Solaris machine with 32-bit gcc installed. I need to
    > compile some programmes with 64-bit Oracle 10g, so I'd like to install
    > the 64-bit gcc 3.2.1, too. Does anyone know if this is a sensible
    > thing to do, or should I remove the 32-bit version first before I try
    > to install the 64-bit version?

    [...]

    Try comp.unix.solaris or gnu.gcc.help.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 30, 2007