Using a data-bind dropdownlist to populate another data-bind dropdownlist

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mr2_93, Oct 2, 2005.

  1. mr2_93

    mr2_93 Guest

    Hi All,

    I am new to ASP.NET and I am looking for help with the dropdownlist data
    control.

    I wonder if someone could show me how to past the SelectedValue of a
    data-bind dropdownlist to poplulate a second data-bind dropdownlist.

    For example, the first dropdownlist contains a list of companies and the
    second dropdownlist displays a product list based on the selected value of
    the first dropdownlist (after PostBack).

    Also, how could I prevent the first dropdownlist from changing the selected
    item back to the first/default item (i.e. item 0) after PostBack?

    Thanks a lot for your help.

    M.

    mr2_93, Oct 2, 2005

  2. mr2_93

    mr2_93 Guest

    Sorry, typo: "...how to pass the SelectedValue....." (not 'past').

    mr2_93, Oct 2, 2005