    copied over with it?

    Thanks,
    Louis
    ll, Jan 10, 2008

  2. ll

    wualdo Guest

    You can use the machine name instead of (local).
    About the user name and password is depends how do you copy the db

    wualdo, Jan 10, 2008

  3. ll

    ll Guest

    On Jan 10, 5:43 pm, wualdo <> wrote:
    > You can use the machine name instead of (local).
    > About the user name and password is depends how do you copy the db
    >
    > "ll" wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I have copied a MS SQL database to my local machine and am testing it
    > > with ASP pages, locally, on IIS. I have a db connect page that keeps
    > > the current connections for the live database. My question is, as the
    > > local db is named 'local,' is there another name I need to give it and
    > > thus call from the connection page?
    > > Also, when copying a db, are the permissions (username and pass)
    > > copied over with it?

    > > Thanks,
    > > Louis

    I currently export wizard and select 'copy tables and views' from the
    source database. Would this carry the username/password settings as
    well?
    Thanks,
    Louis
    ll, Jan 11, 2008
  4. ll wrote:
    > On Jan 10, 5:43 pm, wualdo <> wrote:
    >> You can use the machine name instead of (local).
    >> About the user name and password is depends how do you copy the db
    >>
    >> "ll" wrote:
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have copied a MS SQL database to my local machine and am testing
    >>> it with ASP pages, locally, on IIS. I have a db connect page that
    >>> keeps the current connections for the live database. My question
    >>> is, as the local db is named 'local,' is there another name I need
    >>> to give it and thus call from the connection page?
    >>> Also, when copying a db, are the permissions (username and pass)
    >>> copied over with it?

    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Louis

    > I currently export wizard and select 'copy tables and views' from the
    > source database. Would this carry the username/password settings as
    > well?

    I think the wizard has options to copy logins. There may be issues with
    orphaned users. This is out-of-scope of this group. You should bring
    your questions to a sqlserver group.
    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET
    Bob Barrows [MVP], Jan 11, 2008