using a native dll in java

tommygun101

Hey people

i am using eclipse and i tried to use jacob to run the following code,
which links java to this scripting language called autoit.

package core;
import com.jacob.com.*;
import com.jacob.activeX.*;
import java.util.*;
import java.io.*;

public class Index {

/**
* @param args
*/

try{
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("regsvr32.exe /s AutoItX3.dll");
} catch (IOException ex){
ex.printStackTrace();
}
ActiveXComponent AutoIt3 = new
ActiveXComponent("AutoItX3.Control");
AutoIt3.invoke("Run","notepad.exe");

I set the parameters in run>arguments>vm arguments

-Djava.library.path=<G:\mainpath\AutoItX3.dll>
-Djava.library.path=<G:\mainpath\jacob.dll>

and i added the jacob.jar file to the classpath

But i still get a runtime error,

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jacob in
java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.jacob.com.LibraryLoader.loadJacobLibrary(LibraryLoader.java:
57)
at com.jacob.com.JacobObject.<clinit>(JacobObject.java:150)
at core.Index.main(Index.java:20)

Oh.. and placing the dll's in the c:/windows/system folder doesnt help
and i also added the dll to the java/jre/bin/ext and that doesnt help
iether

I have been searching the net , trying to figure out whats going wrong
please could you help me out

thanx

Roedy Green

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jacob in
java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.jacob.com.LibraryLoader.loadJacobLibrary(LibraryLoader.java:
57)
at com.jacob.com.JacobObject.<clinit>(JacobObject.java:150)
at core.Index.main(Index.java:20)

You did not show your loadLibrary code. See
http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jni.html

You don't tack on .dll. Different platforms tack on different
extensions.

tommygun101

I am not sure if you are familiar with Jacob, but it is a java-COM
bridge library
That does all the interfacing for you,

i didnt put load library code because i specified it in the vm
arguments in the run
setting

but i will take a look at the link you sent me.

Frank Langelage

tommygun101 said:
I set the parameters in run>arguments>vm arguments

-Djava.library.path=<G:\mainpath\AutoItX3.dll>
-Djava.library.path=<G:\mainpath\jacob.dll>
java.library.path must point to the directory(ies) where the shared libs
are, it must not include the name itself.