Using a PlaceHolder in a Web User Control

Yannis CORRE via .NET 247

Hello,

I have two questions :

1 - I want to generate dynamically a personnalized table from a dataset. I want to create each of my rows and columns.
So, I use a HtmlTable and I build my Table with it. After, I add this control in a PlaceHolder to view my Table on my WebForm.
Ok, It works perfectly. I would want to know if it's the best method to build a table without using the classic WebTable component.

2 - Now, I want to use this method in a Web User Control. I place a PlaceHolder in my control and I build my table (like on my WebForms). But, I don't see my table !
I suppose that it because of the HtmlTable component in my Web User Control ?
How can I do it ?

Thanks in advance.

John Saunders

Yannis CORRE via .NET 247 said:
Hello,

I have two questions :

1 - I want to generate dynamically a personnalized table from a dataset. I
want to create each of my rows and columns.
So, I use a HtmlTable and I build my Table with it. After, I add this
control in a PlaceHolder to view my Table on my WebForm.
Ok, It works perfectly. I would want to know if it's the best method to
build a table without using the classic WebTable component.

I don't know about "best", but if it doesn't cause any problems, I'd leave
it alone and continue with some other task.
2 - Now, I want to use this method in a Web User Control. I place a
PlaceHolder in my control and I build my table (like on my WebForms). But, I
don't see my table !
I suppose that it because of the HtmlTable component in my Web User Control ?
How can I do it ?

There's nothing inherent about user controls which should prevent this from
working.