Using a proxy server with webservices

WinDev

I have our webservices up and going and they work fine. I have a customer
trying to connect to them (using a program I wrote) and it's timing out. They
are using a proxy server (we don't have one in house) so I wrote the code
that I think will work but I can't test it.

What all do we need to do so that we can go through a proxy server? What
setup needs to be done on the client as far as configuration and then what
code do I need to put in to the client app to make it work correctly.

TIA - J.